Rules for West Rock (Tag's Point Launch)
- Pilots must be current members of USHGA.
- CHGA insures and regulates this site.
- Pilots must notify prior to flying:
Hamden Emergency Dispatch (203) 230-4000
Park Supervisor (203) 789-7498
Ron Kohn (203) 287-9725
- Any pilot launching at this site for the first time shall be accompanied by
another experienced pilot that has flown the site before.
- No tree or vegetation cutting.
- No permanent windsocks.
- Pilots are required to wear protective headgear while flying the site.
- All flights must land in designated areas.
- All pilots will be courteous and promote good will among each other and
towards the public.
- Emergency response address:
600 Hill Street
- Launch: 550 feet MSL
- Landing zone: 300 feet MSL
- Heading: S, SE
- Radio: 151.925 MHz
- Minimum rating: P3, H3
The CHGA is allowed to fly at West Rock under a Special Use License -- page 1, page